Aug 7, 2012

A few hospital visits

Thank you for keep up with us through my sparse blog posts.  The past few days I have been talking with Danish Immigration and the police station here to try and find out more on our paperwork.  Denmark told me that the paperwork is hung up in Greenland and Greenland says that they sent everything to Denmark in January (which Denmark acknowledges).  So it seems to be a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing.  That leaves us back to playing the waiting game.  I still plan to call Danish Immigration at the beginning of every month until I get an answer.  Will that hurry them up any?  I doubt it, but it would help me to feel more productive. ^_^

I try to keep in mind that we were first approved in Feb 2011 I had called Danish Immigration that morning and they said they couldn't give me any certain answer other than the paperwork was still being worked on.  Later that day I received a call from the Danish Embassy in New York to let me know that they had the approvals and needed our passports.  With that in mind they could have sent an answer here 10 days ago and they wouldn't know because it takes two weeks for things to show up in their system.

For those that have been wondering, I did have the dental work done here and it went very smoothly.  I had three back teeth extracted (two wisdom teeth and one broken tooth) without a great deal of pain.  Which I am very glad for because the extent of the medication given was Pamol (like Tylenol) and Ibuprofen.  They were done a week apart and I have healed up just fine.

My wife, Masey, has been having her share of health problems.  A little over three weeks ago she started with a bad dizzy spell while cooking.  Since then she has had bad headaches, muscle aches, tight stiff neck, gets winded very easily, and stays tired.  We have had three trips to the local hospital, blood work a couple times, and other neurological tests which ended up in the doctor telling us that nothing is wrong with her.  Needless to say she is still about the same with good days and bad days.  We have also been talking with a doctor friend for ideas on things to watch for and reporting symptoms back to him.  While we still don't know what is causing these problems, we do know that God is controlling all of this and pray that He receives glory and honor form this.  A great big "THANK YOU!" goes out to those who have prayed for us during this time!

I have done what I can to help out around the house but I am no housekeeper or cook.  Thankfully the children have been helping some and Ramen Noodles were on sale last week.^_^

Masey was feeling a little better today so she hung out some laundry and walked to the store by herself.  She did good but came home very tired from all of the walking.  I jokingly asked her about taking a hike to a local water fall that we have been wanting to see but I doubt she will be up for that anytime soon.  When I went there alone it was a three hour hike for me because I didn't know the trails.  I told Masey that we could take it slow and make it a five hour hike, but she's still not interested right now.  ^_^

Masey also has a blog that she is doing (and quite well I want to add).  It is maseysthoughts.blogspot.com.  She enjoys doing this blog very much, and she has some great thoughts on here.  Head on over there, read what she has to say, and sign up for email updates.

Our summer feels like it is ending.  We've been getting rain for over a week now and enjoying temps in the mid to upper 40's.  I must say that I'm looking forward to winter again.  Summer was nice, but with winter comes dark nights again, and that makes it easier to sleep at night!

On another note I am planning on doing some changing and rearranging to this blog.  If you have any suggestions for changes, you can leave them in the comments or email them to me.

Please continue to pray for us as we are FREEZIN'...for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a note for us!