Jun 27, 2013

Long time, no post

I just noticed it has been a while since I have posted on here. I have been working on a few posts, I even have one saved as a draft, but since I never hit post, nobody got to see it. (^_^)

I have been keeping busy with several different projects. Several of them revolving around furlough. I'm trying to get new letterhead designed, a new prayer card, new presentation, and calling for meetings.

Furlough prayer card in the works (click to enlarge)

Updating the igloo on our prayer letters (^_^)

I've also been dealing with some stomach sickness for a couple weeks. Once I got sick we started boiling our water, so thankfully the rest of the family is still healthy.

After being sick for a week I went to the hospital, but they couldn't tell me what was wrong. They gave me some Nexium and told me to come back in a week if I was still sick. I want to thank those that have been praying for me. I'm feel good today. But I have noticed that one day I'll feel good, and the next day I'll be back sick again with the stomach pains and sleepiness.

About the time I got sick we were contacted by a man in a supporting church in FL about our needs. I mentioned about a water filter and my sickness. God worked things out to where we will be getting a nice gravity water filter/purifier! Lord willing, this will put an end to the water sickness!

I have been working on a blog post about traveling in Greenland. I'm not done with it yet, but trust me, travel here is either difficult, expensive, or both. Since we don't have any roads that connect towns together I can't just hop in a car and drive to another town. The travel between towns here is either boat, plane/helicopter, walking, or in the winter, dog sledge.

With this in mind I ask you to pray for me and Eli as we are scheduled to walk to another village on Monday. We are going with the other missionary and his oldest son. The distance is 13 miles one way. Please pray that we have a safe trip and that I will be healthy enough to make the walk. I am a little nervous because this is probably the longest hike I have ever done. The plan is to hike there next Monday, camp out, and hike back on Tuesday. We covet your prayers.

Another thing to pray about is our paperwork. We have a window to file between July 10th and August 10th. If we don't have the paperwork filed by August 10th, we are automatically denied. I don't see any problem in getting things filed in that window, but please pray for the renewals. It's not something we can rush along, so we could be waiting for 6 months (probably longer) to hear an answer.

Also, check out my other blog (it will mirror these posts for a while, until I make the final move to the new site). Let me know if it loads slow, strange, or just doesn't work right. The address for that one is freezinforareason.wordpress.com

Thank you and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Pray for regularly. Thanks for the update.

    Charlie Boyd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers Bro. Boyd. I pray things are going good for ya'll in AR. I heard it was getting hot there. We're around the mid 40's with rain, so it feels like the mid 30's. (^_^)

      Delete

Leave us a note for us!